Tanya Norman, a proven professional, multi year award winner with over 25 years experience!!
• Born in Great Britain, Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakeaspeare's town. Have a younger brother.
Parents were Polish refugees. Moved to a dairy farm in South West Wales, where there was no electricity, indoor
plumbing or phones and transportation was by horse and buggy and later on, when services
were available, by tractor and trailer and then a car!
Spoke Polish, French and Russian, at home, and learned English when I went to school.
Went to a boarding school in Aberystwyth, where I finished high school. Was a reserve for
the North Wales Netball team. Then studied Business with languages in London.
• I n 1970 Came to Canada, by myself, sponsored by my Uncle, the late General Michael
Gutowski, a former Olympic rider, 1936 in Berlin, and trainer of the Candian Olympic
Equestrian team.(they won gold in Mexico). Worked in advertising, then Cara foods and in Fairweather division of Dylex.
• I n 1976 November, joined Canada Permanent Trust at Yonge & Balliol as a full time agent.
Then joined A.E LePage (1978) and worked at Bathurst & Eglinton and then moved to the
office in Thornhill.
• I n 1980 August, got married and moved to Mississauga where I joined the office of
A.E.LePage at 1556 Dundas Street West, Mississauga.
• I n 1986 January joined the office of Royal LePage at 91 Lakeshore Road in Port Credit at
the invitation of the manager. This was then the number 1 office in the company and to
work there was by personal invitation of the manager, Mr. John Cowieson.
• I n 1999 January, joined Countrywide, (Royal LePage office in Port Credit was closed and I
didn't want to go into a 'mega' office), which later became Prudential Preferred and then
Prudential Town Centre. Together with 7 other agents started up a real estate kiosk at the Polish Cultural Centre on
Cawthra Road, Mississauga, where we rotated shifts, on Sundays, to assist the Polish
community in Real Estate matters.
•I am Fluent in Polish and English and understand most Slav languages, French and Italian
although it is limited, due to lack of use.
•I Have 2 Standard Poodles, that require a lot of exercise – they are my personal trainers!
• I Travel often, mainly to Poland, where I still have some family and where I am rediscovering
•I am Relocation Certified both at LePage and Prudential.
• Consistent award winner for sales achievement.
• Extremely committed and dedicated to clients and friends, as they come first.
• I am empathetic, helpful, knowledgeable, hard working, articulate, patient, not pushy,
honest, loyal and prompt – whether returning phone calls or appointments – and will always
give information/advice based on sound and proven substantiated data and, if in doubt, will
find answers. Will 'go the extra mile' for clients, often outside the scope of Real Estate duties.
• I am of the 'old school' way of working, where I earn my commission, treat everyone as I
would like to be treated with respect and courtesy and, am always mindful of client's
• I am Flexible and Adaptable to each client's unique needs and way of doing business.
• Personal 'hands on' involvement in all aspects of a real estate transaction whether it be
buying or selling. All stages are explained to the client.
• Recognizing that buying or selling a property is very stressful, for the client, so I assure
them that I am available 24/7, and that no issue is too small or trivial not to be
• I have a sense of humour as well as being positive and upbeat.
• I am proud to be a Realtor and uphold the high standards expected.